I will work to make Amherst a model of resilience and energy innovation by:
- Implementing our 100% Renewable Energy Resolution
- Accelerating the creation of a Town Sustainability Committee
- Integrating climate justice, energy efficiency and conservation in our community and schools
I will promote the town’s planning process with Northampton and Pelham to create a program of Community Choice Energy Plus, to buy bulk electricity and provide energy efficiency services and local energy development.
I will work to:
- expand public transit and encourage public transit use
- support town purchase of electric cars, buses, and heavy equipment
- expand bike and pedestrian pathways
Local Food and Agriculture
I will support and encourage policies that promote local food, local farms and farmers’ markets.
I will support a zero waste program, including a ban on single use plastic products, with education and incentives for residents to participate.